~ TO GIVE REAL SERVICE WE MUST CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING WHICH CANNOT BE BOUGHT OR MEASURED; AND THAT IS SINCERITY AND INTEGRITY
WHO ARE DENTAL PATIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS?
Every patient comes with their very own Special Needs. No two patients can be treated in the exact same way. At our office we believe in Specialized care for all ~ No cookie cutter systems!
However there are some children and adults that have special medical, physical or emotional needs that require further specialized care to meet their needs. A special needs dentist utilizes adaptations to dental care to promote dental health for this group of patients.
Dental patients with special needs often - but not always - have higher rates of poor oral hygiene. As a result they also have a higher incidence of gum disease and cavities that people in the general population.
For example, dental patients with Special Needs would include the following
- Aging and Elderly People
- Autism and autism spectrum disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Mental Challenges
- Seizer Disorders (Epilepsy)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Down Syndrome
- Severely Anxious/Phobic individuals
- Children with Behavioral or Emotional Conditions
WHAT DENTAL PATIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS ACTUALLY NEED
First and foremost, you or the person with special needs requires a qualified and experienced dentist. Any other requirement thereafter will be specific to the individual and their particular illness, condition or disability. Among the accommodations that dental patients with special needs may require include
- An efficient and systematic approach to the examination and treatment protocols.
- Knowledge or medical, physical, mental or behavioral conditions
- Trained assistants for efficient delivery of care
- Sedation dentistry to promote patient comfort
- Each one of our patients have their own private room
- Our incredible team members provide the highest quality of care with integrity and heartfelt service
- An highly experienced, board certified Anesthesiologist with 30+ years of compassionate care and service accompanying all of our sedation appointments
- Multiple same day treatments to improve patient comfort and alleviate fear
Dr. Aparna Menrai has been actively building smiles and friendships for over 30 years. As a mother, she understands the importance of taking care of family and putting children first.. Being a mother of special needs child herself, Dr. Menrai has the skills to take care of their needs.
Dr. Menrai understands parental concerns related to getting the best dental care and knows that she can deliver this care efficiently, effectively and elegantly to your family as well.